There’s nothing like making lifelong memories with your family on a beach vacation in Hilton Head. Of course, it may be a little bit more work to make sure everyone is happy when you have little ones in tow. But here on the island, there is so much to keep everyone happy and smiling. The only time you’ll hear, “I’m bored!” will be on the way home. Don’t miss these family favorites.
For Kids 5 & Under
- Go on a Dolphin Boat Cruise. What little one doesn’t love watching sea life swimming through the water?
- Visit the Sandbox Interactive Museum. Here’s the perfect place to keep your little ones’ minds stimulated for hours. Prepare for a long nap when they’re done!
For Kids 5 -12
- Entice them with a trip to the Gregg Russell Harbour Town Playground. You’ll enjoy the nearby shops while the kids burn off some energy on the playground.
- Visit the Coastal Discovery Museum. At this museum, your kids can learn just about everything there is to know about the South Carolina Lowcountry, from art and culture to the nature around them.
- Have them get lost for a few hours at HHI Escape. Everyone is trying this addictive new craze of using your brain to break out of an escape room.
- Can you even call it a vacation if you don’t play miniature golf? A classic course to try that’s close to everything is Pirate Island Golf.
If you have a mix of ages in your family, there are still plenty of ways to play together on vacation. Spend time on the beach and in the water, or go for a family bike ride! If you need special equipment for biking with little ones, there are plenty of places to rent it.
Be sure to take plenty of pictures. Your kids will certainly want to relive this vacation for years to come. Or just go ahead book a stay for next year, and they really can relive it!